"One can never consent to creep when one feels the impulse to soar." ---Helen Keller

Sunday, March 25, 2012

Why "The Pathfinder Post"???

Palmer's Pathfinders was my class name each year. The picture on our shirts had the base station for the Mars Rover Sojourner. The Pathfinder was the name for the space craft that landed a base station and rover in 1997 on Mars. The kids always liked it after they learned about space and its meaning. I have a book that we read during a guided reading time for each group and then of course space was my thing. In some form or fashion, I managed to pull in space talk most every day. I hope one day to be sitting in my rocking chair watching the news about one of my former students blasting off for Mars.





The following is how we defined Pathfinders...

What are Pathfinders?
Pathfinders are those who are not content to just stay in one place, but they seek to go to the next frontier. Our nation has had many pathfinders. Those who came to this nation for the first time, those who traveled west on the Conestoga wagons, and those who traveled into space. Like those of the past, we are ready to be the next pathfinders ---- wherever that may lead us.

No comments:

Post a Comment